Monday, June 4, 2012

Hard times

This week has been exceptionally hard. First, I am missing Chris terribly and realize it has been three weeks since Cj's been here and furthermore it will be seven more weeks before we get to see each other. Second, it was his birthday and I missed it. That was probably the worst. So I am focusing on the great things that have happened this week

The love of my life turned 28 years old. He was trying to show that I got him these shoes for his birthday. 

His dad took him out for a good steak dinner in celebration


and he really enjoyed this dessert! Happy Birthday sweet prince!


My younger cousin Michaela graduated from High School! How exciting! 

And the butterflies have been so gorgeous lately. This beauty followed Stephanie all over Michaela's graduation party.


I am getting ready for my best friends baby shower this coming weekend. I was thinking of using the recipe below..... I tried them and they are REALLY good!


I have also been working on this quilt for Chris. Yes, I realize the colors are a little girly however, I recently decided that I would like to give Chris a quilt on major occasions. For example, moving to Portland, OR. This way when we are 100 years old I can say remember I gave that to you when we moved to Portland. I think he will LOVE it! Here it is all layed out. I was pinning it (170 pins later) to prepare it to quilt. 


We've recently had A LOT of storms in Norman. This was the sky one afternoon. For some reason I just fell in love with it. 


And the day before yesterday I got to celebrate the 2nd birthday of Stephanie's granddaughter, Little Miss Ashlynn Faye. Its an absolute blessing to have Stephanie in my life and I thoroughly enjoyed the party.


Even though this week has been difficult I am grateful have had so many positive events that keep me grounded. 
With Love, 
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment