Sunday, July 15, 2012

12 days

ooooooooooook, the last two weeks since my last post have been really exciting! First, I have twelve days until we leave for Portland. My family had a going away dinner for me and it was so good to see the outpouring of love. However hard it may be to leave I am blessed to take my family's love with me.

Second, Chris sent me to Alaska for a week and boy oh boy was it BEAUTIFUL! 
On the way to Alaska, I had a layover in Seattle. This is a picture I took from the airplane as we flew over Seattle. 


Seattle is about three hours from Portland so Chris came up to see me at the airport. Needless to say an hour was NOT enough but it was so good to spend time with him. 

While in Seattle he got to visit with his Mom and Rockey. They went to this lovely beach.


I can't remember what it is called. I'll have to ask him. lol




Here are a few of my favorites from my trip to Alaska.


This is a neat picture of some water drops we found while hiking on the tundra. Judy (Kelci's mom) is so knowledgeable. She knew all kinds of stuff about Alaska... the tundra.... cooking.... pretty much everything. lol It was a blessing to spend time with Judy and Dennis. 



The really crazy thing is this is on the side of the road on the way to Turnagain pass. We were driving down the road and I made Kelci pull over. It is truly the handiwork of God!


This picture was also on the side of the highway. Its called Hope Junction. It was such a lovely little break on the way to Seward, Alaska. 


And while I was there I got to see Kelci! What a blessing! It was so nice to get to visit with Kelci before the BIG MOVE! I think if I wasn't moving in 12 days I could have stayed longer. It was absolutely gorgeous.  


I have so much to do in so little time. All of my stuff is packed and gone so I am focusing my energy on spending time with loved ones before I leave. I will keep taking pictures and update as I go. Please be praying for me, my family, and the trip! It is right around the corner.

With love,
Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment